Welcome to our new website. We have invested a lot of time and effort into this new site so I hope you enjoy it. I will be using this blog to share important safety information, company information, industry news, and funny stories. If you have a story or topic you would like me to share/discuss in this blog please feel free to stop by and share with me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The topic of this first blog will be, in my opinion the most important issue within the trucking industry. “THE DRIVER SHORTAGE”. Here are some staggering statistics.
- The average turnover rate for trucking companies large and small is 96% per year
- The ATA estimates the driver shortage in the U.S. at 40,000 drivers
- The average age of a working truck driver in the U.S. is 50 years old
- Less than 10% of Truck Drivers are women.
- Majority of Truck Drivers are only home 1-2 times per month for very short periods of time.
The major question on everyone’s mind is. “How do we fix these problems”? Now, I can’t speak for the entire trucking industry. However, I can tell you what Carnes Trucking is doing about it and offer my humble opinions about how the rest of the industry can improve this situation.